The Executive Leadership Program enables outstanding midcareer JCC and Federation professionals to sharpen their guiding visions of Jewish communal life and strengthen their leadership and management skills. With attention to practice, the program features cohort learning and individual mentoring.
The cohort is comprised of midcareer professionals who are 3-5 years away from a top leadership or executive position within the North American JCC or Federation movements.
The characteristics of successful candidates for the program include:
- Proven track records of leadership
- High ethical standards, creativity, intellectual capacity
- Passion for Jewish communal life
- Ages 30-55
- On track for executive leadership of an organization of any size, or a senior leadership position in a large JCC/Federation
Chief executives of small or mid-size organizations can be nominated for the program by their board chairs.
Applications open in January, 2019.
An admissions committee drawn from the Mandel Institute for Nonprofit Leadership’s faculty, staff and consultants makes admissions decisions.
Fellows strengthen their capacity to:
- Incorporate research to analyze community opportunities and challenges
- Draw on Jewish thought to envision and communicate organizational purposes
- Build organizational strategies aligned with core purposes
- Manage organizational finances, human resources, and marketing
- Lead with vision and values
Fellows must attend all 4 seminars in their entirety. Between seminars, Fellows complete short assignments and work 1:1 with a mentor.
Sponsoring organizations give release time for Fellows to join the four seminars that take place throughout the 16 months.
The 16-month program includes:
- Four seminars
- January, 2019 (Boston)
- May, 2019 (Boston)
- January, 2020 (Israel)
- May, 2020 (Boston)
- Learning opportunities between seminars
- Individual work with a mentor
The Mandel Foundation covers all travel and program expenses. Sponsoring organizations provide release time for participation in the seminars.
“As the world changes, our programs will change, but the need for enlightened, informed leadership will never go away.”– Morton L. Mandel, Chairman and CEO, Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Foundation –